Should I or Shouldn't I donate?  

Thursday, May 7, 2009


Today, May 7th 2009, I went to Mydin MITC. Very big. The biggest Mydin building that I ever been. But, it's not about Mydin that I want to talk now. It's about charity. Yeah, charity. I went to Tesco after Mydin. Actually I was looking for adapter for my gadget. After searching the whole Tesco and got nothing, I decided to stop by at Secret Recipe. I ordered lasagne and iced white caramel mocha. Hmmm...yummy... :D While I was enjoying my lunch plus dinner, a boy age around 10 year old came to me. He was wearing songkok with brown shirt and black bag at his side. At his hand, he was holding a small bottle and receipt book. He talked to me about buying the small bottle which turn out to be a balm and he also said about 'amal'. I asked him a lot about which school, why here, for what etc. Because of I didn't satisfied with the answers, I refused to buy and donate. I was thinking about being cheated or something. But, then the boy said, if don't want to buy, giving him rm1 or rm2 is enough. He said it's for orphanage home. I didn't reply and I sat quietly for a long time but the boy didn't go. Maybe he thinks finally he could get something from me. At last, I opened my wallet and gave him rm1. After giving him, I still thinks about it. Should I or shouldn't I? I pity the boy but I don't know what to do. What if he's telling the truth? But, what if he's lying? I don't know. Interestingly, this is the second time I was approached for donation while I was enjoying my meal at Secret Recipe with the same menu, lasagne and white caramel mocha! The first one was in Jusco Kepong. A young guy who claimed he is deaf and couldn't talk approached me while I was having lasagne and white caramel mocha! I think anybody could guess what was the ending of the story... Huargh!!! Maybe I shouldn't order lasagne and white caramel mocha anymore... Hihihi...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster