A big happy family?  

Monday, February 16, 2009



I was born in a large family as the youngest child. Being the youngest is not easy but being the oldest child is not easy either. So, in essence, what ever your birth order is, it's not easy to be somebody especially in a large family. But, for me, I experienced a lot of "you need to listen to me!" events or, may I say episodes. I'm sick of it but never really explode about it. The best thing I can do is burst out my anger which I already master it now. But, resulting from that, I tend to do "you need to listen to me!" to all my nieces and nephews. LOL. Who else I can do that if not to them?

But, when I enter medical school, I learned a lot about child psychiatry and development. I consider myself as the 50-50 product in which I can be save by teaching. My understanding about child had changed since then. I tend to listen to them and I never get angry with them especially the younger ones. But now, I have 8 nieces and 10 nephews. How can I listen to all of them? So, it's not me who need to listen to them. I'm just an adjunct person for them. The main person is the one who are with them almost 24 hours. But, the main point I want to bring up here is there shouldn't be any "you need to listen to me!" events anymore.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ A big happy family?

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster